Sunday, July 8, 2012

Silence


    • I tasted your sweetness
      I swam inside your eyes
      your golden whispers pyrite
      your truth the sweetest lies.
      tightly held reminders
      still beneath my skin
      perfectly broken promise
      from when we first begin
      Sacrificed to nothing
      you took my everything
      no longer can I soar the heights
      life has clipped my wings.
      My one more time was stunted
      this seed could never grow
      everything it could have been
      is buried in your snow.
      asleep, apart from hopeless
      waiting for your rain
      nursed beyond all reason
      sheltered from the pain.
      Believe again I whisper
      yet I'm left without a choice
      I am not its master
      it does not heed my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment